Online marketing is a marketing discipline that, unlike classic marketing, is based solely on the Internet. This means that all marketing activities are implemented online. The importance of online marketing is increasing due to ongoing digitalisation and is now more than a mere supplement to classic marketing.
The goals of online marketing are branding, brand building, increasing brand awareness, lead generation, increasing engagement and increasing sales.
The advantages of online marketing are obvious:
- Measurability & success control
- High reach
- Target group-specific approach to minimise wastage
- Possibility of targeted remarketing
- Targeted budget allocation
- High flexibility regarding budget, advertising times, delivery,…
Online marketing areas
Online marketing includes many other sub-areas, such as:
- E-mail marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Social media marketing
- Marketing automation